Experimental IRC log sioc-2008-05-29

Available formats: content-negotiated html turtle (see SIOC for the vocabulary)

Back to channel and daily index: content-negotiated html turtle

These logs are provided as an experiment in indexing discussions using IRCHub.py, Irc2RDF.hs, and SIOC.

12:54:54<ChNepote>Hi. I am currently developping and testing a SMOB publisher plug-in on a wiki. I find a cryptic error on the agregator : Could not properly handle "<http://websemantique.org/Char" in ARC2_SPARQLPlusParser
12:55:18<ChNepote>Here is the GET query : http://smob.sioc-project.org/server/load/index.php?key=&data=http%3A%2F%2Fwebsemantique.org%2FCharlesNepote%2Fsmob%26amp%3Bdate%3D2008-05-29%2014%3A22%3A54
12:56:11<ChNepote>And here is the SIOC RDF file : http://websemantique.org/CharlesNepote/smob&date=2008-05-29%2014:22:54
12:56:18<ChNepote>Any idea ?
14:21:47<tuukkah>hi ChNepote! let me see...
14:23:39<ChNepote>Hi tuukkah!
14:24:20<ChNepote>First, I think I have problems with URL encoding...
14:24:50<tuukkah>right
14:25:41<tuukkah>%26amp must be wrong...
14:27:04<tuukkah>the file also has non-utf-8 characters
14:28:54<tuukkah>and you probably want a ? in the uri instead of the &
14:34:39<ChNepote>Yes. I will solve your 2 first remarks. Is the third one really a problem ?
15:15:27<thosch>cygri: I am just working on this PlanetPHP blog aggregator, that is the reason for the emails Cloud_ sent to the mailing list
15:15:27<thosch>So you would recommend to use the original post's URI like here (note that the content of the post is truncated):
15:15:27<thosch>http://planetphp.sioc-project.org/sioc.php?sioc_type=post&sioc_id=129927
15:16:35<tuukkah>ChNepote, i suppose not
15:18:14<ChNepote>tuukkah: I made the corrections but it still fails : http://smob.sioc-project.org/server/load/index.php?key=&data=http%3A%2F%2Fwebsemantique.org%2FCharlesNepote%2Fsmob%26date%3D2008-05-29+17%3A07%3A38
15:18:51<ChNepote>The SIOC file is here : http://websemantique.org/CharlesNepote/smob&date=2008-05-29+17%3A07%3A38
15:21:41<tuukkah>since you don't have a question mark in the uri, the + doesn't mean a space there
15:22:18<tuukkah>but the smob load uri has a question mark so there the + gets converted to space
15:23:24<tuukkah>your server sometimes takes several minutes to respond, is that normal?
15:23:53<tuukkah>now i got a timeout in ARC2 i think: "missing stream"...
15:27:10<cygri>thosch: i haven't thought deeply about this scenario, it's just a gut feeling... but to me it seems right to re-use the original identifier
15:27:39<cygri>thosch: i have written another mail, saying that probably you should use sioc:excerpt or something similar instead of sioc:content
15:28:50<cygri>thosch: aggregation and re-publishing of RDF from different places is an interesting topic, would certainly be good to develop some best practices
15:34:06<ChNepote>tuukkah: server response is good for me but the web server has been moved to another server maybe 3 hours ago. DNS propagation isn't finished yet probably... we'll try it again tomorrow...
15:36:21<thosch>cygri: do you see any problem with using the original uri in a scenario like this:
15:36:21<thosch>there is a sioc exporter at the original blog and one at the aggregator. both produce similar but not idenctical statements about the same resource with the same uri.
15:40:17<cygri>thosch: i don't know if it will cause with specific sioc processors
15:40:44<cygri>thosch: with RDF processors in general, you always have to deal with the possibilities of conflicting statements from different sources
15:41:19<thosch>cygri: ok, thanks for your input

Back to channel and daily index: content-negotiated html turtle